5 Wedding Colour Palettes to Keep an Eye Out for in 2013
Choosing one's wedding colours are typically one of the most important and first choices a bride makes. When trying to narrow down the endless list of wedding colour palettes it can be helpful to think of your personal style and the vibe that you want to portray. In addition, the time of year and location may play a part in the colours you choose. Below find five popular wedding colour palettes for 2013 that may suit your fancy and help make what can be a very tough decision easier.
1. Pink and Mint Green: The blend of these two colours can be a beautiful mix of masculinity and femininity. It also works very well for outdoor weddings and lush garden scenery.
2. Gray and Blue: The combination of gray and blue is a great way to give off an elegant and vintage feel. This color palette is great for night time weddings and ceremonies set by the ocean.
3. Floral: Choosing the right hues is the key to choosing a floral palette that compliments your style. With nontraditional weddings being all the rage, more and more people are aiming for bold colours and patterns. If that isn't your style, go for light pastels and subtle floral prints for a classy look.
4. Latte Coffee: A coffee brown wedding palette is a great way to add a high level of sophistication to a ceremony. Add plush green hues, natural wood shades or pearly white accents for a classic vibe. Beautiful brown hues are also great for fall weddings and those that take place in the evening.
5. Dusty Vintage Rose Pink: These exuberant shades of pink scream pretty and romantic at the same time. Although some may see pink as cliché, the addition of white, bronze or glittery gold accents can add the right amount of bold sophistication you may be looking for.
Wedding hair vines are very on trend this year, but if you are asking yourself “What’s a wedding hair vine?”, let us explain. Wedding hair vines are long, flexible head pieces made on thin twisted wire that can be shaped to any design required to suit your hairstyle. Wedding hair vines generally don’t have any combs attached to them and can easily be pinned into your hair wherever needed. This gives them the flexibility to be worn with many different hairstyles.
So, how should you wear your wedding hair vine...
First, decide on how you will be wearing your hair; will you be wearing your hair down, in a long loose braid? Hair vines also look fantastic in half up half down hairstyles. Simply secure into the section of your hair that is pinned up, and then gentle curve down through your loose waves. If you are wearing your hair in a loose plait, the hair vine can simply be plaited into your hair as it is done.
As we mentioned hair vines are a very big trend for this year and here are our top selling wedding hair vines so far...
Our delicate Gold Leaf and Freshwater Pearl Headpiece, made from individual gold leaves blended with freshwater pearls and tiny diamanté crystals for a little sparkle.
The Gold Vine is a light and flexible headpiece that can be worn to the side, back or across the top of the head. It is simply attached with tiny alligator style clips hidden beneath the piece.
Whatever your mood, style, outfit or budget, there are statement earrings out there that make you happy the moment you put them on. We remember the earrings we wore on first dates and on special occasions and, let’s be honest, we can always find an excuse to treat ourselves to a new pair! When it comes to your wedding earrings, the stakes are a little higher but don’t worry, we’re here today with our top tips to help you choose the perfect pair…
You’ll be wearing your statement earrings all say so not only do they need to be beautiful they need to be practical too. If you don’t often wear long drop earrings it might be a good idea to wear your earrings at home behind closed doors for a few days to be sure you get on with them.
Consider any other accessories you'll be wearing or the details of your wedding dress when choosing your earrings. If your dress has embellishments, you might like to opt for earrings that coordinate with them.
Don’t forget that your whole outfit should be balanced, if you want to wear a glamorous pair of statement earrings, don’t rush to wear lots of other accessories, alternatively if you opt for subtle wedding earrings you can then choose to wear lots of other pieces too, our Alisha, Freshwater Pearl Silver Earrings are perfect for this.