Whatever would a bride do without her entourage, her most loyal of assorted girlfriends, her bridesmaids? Bridesmaids play an important role in the wedding party, along with their assistance behind the scenes of the wedding itself. It is quite fitting then when the bride herself puts forth the thought and effort of presenting her closest friends with bridesmaids gifts.
In accordance with the time honored tradition of gift giving, the bearer will want to keep in mind the unique taste, style, and interests of the recipient. You want your ladies in waiting to feel special and honored, not that you haven't the faintest clue who they are as individual people.
So far, the top five most popular bridesmaids gifts for 2013 are as follows:
1. Personalised Bracelets A personalised piece of jewellery will show your friend that you really took the time to make sure that her gift was special. Also, no one can steal her bracelet and get away with it. (Unless the thief has the same name, that is.)
2. Engraved Jewellery Boxes Again, this is a most memorable keepsake. Whenever she's putting her jewellery to rest, she will look at her memento and remember with fondness the spectacular time she had at your wedding.
3. Hair Clips, Pins & Combs This choice depends on her hair length and preferred styling methods. This is a gift that can be used on the wedding day for those pesky stray locks when dancing.
4. Jewellery Not just any jewellery; something that coordinates perfectly with the bridesmaids' dresses. As an added bonus, it should bring out the colour in her eyes.
5. Flats Or flip flops, in colors coordinating with the general theme. It's not a conventional bridesmaid's gift, but it is practical. All of that walking in those sexy shoes is going to catch up with everyone at some point during the festivities. (Perhaps the bride should score a pair for herself as well?)
There are these options and many more, if you know where to look ! Happy shopping !
Wedding hair vines are very on trend this year, but if you are asking yourself “What’s a wedding hair vine?”, let us explain. Wedding hair vines are long, flexible head pieces made on thin twisted wire that can be shaped to any design required to suit your hairstyle. Wedding hair vines generally don’t have any combs attached to them and can easily be pinned into your hair wherever needed. This gives them the flexibility to be worn with many different hairstyles.
So, how should you wear your wedding hair vine...
First, decide on how you will be wearing your hair; will you be wearing your hair down, in a long loose braid? Hair vines also look fantastic in half up half down hairstyles. Simply secure into the section of your hair that is pinned up, and then gentle curve down through your loose waves. If you are wearing your hair in a loose plait, the hair vine can simply be plaited into your hair as it is done.
As we mentioned hair vines are a very big trend for this year and here are our top selling wedding hair vines so far...
Our delicate Gold Leaf and Freshwater Pearl Headpiece, made from individual gold leaves blended with freshwater pearls and tiny diamanté crystals for a little sparkle.
The Gold Vine is a light and flexible headpiece that can be worn to the side, back or across the top of the head. It is simply attached with tiny alligator style clips hidden beneath the piece.
Whatever your mood, style, outfit or budget, there are statement earrings out there that make you happy the moment you put them on. We remember the earrings we wore on first dates and on special occasions and, let’s be honest, we can always find an excuse to treat ourselves to a new pair! When it comes to your wedding earrings, the stakes are a little higher but don’t worry, we’re here today with our top tips to help you choose the perfect pair…
You’ll be wearing your statement earrings all say so not only do they need to be beautiful they need to be practical too. If you don’t often wear long drop earrings it might be a good idea to wear your earrings at home behind closed doors for a few days to be sure you get on with them.
Consider any other accessories you'll be wearing or the details of your wedding dress when choosing your earrings. If your dress has embellishments, you might like to opt for earrings that coordinate with them.
Don’t forget that your whole outfit should be balanced, if you want to wear a glamorous pair of statement earrings, don’t rush to wear lots of other accessories, alternatively if you opt for subtle wedding earrings you can then choose to wear lots of other pieces too, our Alisha, Freshwater Pearl Silver Earrings are perfect for this.