So, your big day is finally here. Getting prepared for your wedding is now the most important thing on your mind and you wouldn't want to risk looking like a clown. You will be the centre of attention and everyone will want to take your picture or dance with you. Try these simple tips to avoid some of the common bridal make-up mistakes that women make:
1. Prepare your skin A common mistake many brides make is that they use too little coverage. You should opt for a more matte look for oilier skin types, or a radiant deep finish for the drier skin type. The face must look exquisite and flawless and the skin is the most important element. Also, try to wear slightly more blush than on your usual days, to give you more color balance together with your lips. A little extra blush on the cheeks can do wonders and also highlight your other features, especially your eyes. Try to also consider adding a little bronze glow color to give the skin a sunnier and warmer look.
2. Choose the best lipstick for this special occasion This is your most important day, so try to pick a special lipstick, with a more radiant color. Most brides say that they prefer a natural look, but try to pick a slightly darker tone of lipstick. It will highlight your facial features and, with the help of a liner or gloss, you will look stellar.
3. Don't forget the eyes As they say, the eyes are the windows of your soul. And you wouldn't want to show up at your wedding with raccoon eyes. Pick a water resistant mascara, gel eyeliner and a sturdy concealer or advise your make-up artist to. Using waterproof products will help avoid smearing.
4. Highlight the brows Something peculiar usually happens when taking wedding photos: eyebrows disappear. Avoid this phenomenon by filling them with brow products that have a complimentary color to your skin tone. Use a tone slightly lighter than the hair. Powders are ideal for brows as they are easy and quick to apply.
5. Don't overuse spray tan Spray tanning is getting more popular than ever. But it is not a great idea for special occasions, such as a wedding. They usually end up being too orange, too dark or too shiny and can also smear, which is a disaster for your wedding gown. If you really want to have a darker skin, opt for a high quality product with a bronze tone, or, better yet, go to a specialized tanning salon prior to your wedding. This will give you a more natural look.
Wedding hair vines are very on trend this year, but if you are asking yourself “What’s a wedding hair vine?”, let us explain. Wedding hair vines are long, flexible head pieces made on thin twisted wire that can be shaped to any design required to suit your hairstyle. Wedding hair vines generally don’t have any combs attached to them and can easily be pinned into your hair wherever needed. This gives them the flexibility to be worn with many different hairstyles.
So, how should you wear your wedding hair vine...
First, decide on how you will be wearing your hair; will you be wearing your hair down, in a long loose braid? Hair vines also look fantastic in half up half down hairstyles. Simply secure into the section of your hair that is pinned up, and then gentle curve down through your loose waves. If you are wearing your hair in a loose plait, the hair vine can simply be plaited into your hair as it is done.
As we mentioned hair vines are a very big trend for this year and here are our top selling wedding hair vines so far...
Our delicate Gold Leaf and Freshwater Pearl Headpiece, made from individual gold leaves blended with freshwater pearls and tiny diamanté crystals for a little sparkle.
The Gold Vine is a light and flexible headpiece that can be worn to the side, back or across the top of the head. It is simply attached with tiny alligator style clips hidden beneath the piece.
Whatever your mood, style, outfit or budget, there are statement earrings out there that make you happy the moment you put them on. We remember the earrings we wore on first dates and on special occasions and, let’s be honest, we can always find an excuse to treat ourselves to a new pair! When it comes to your wedding earrings, the stakes are a little higher but don’t worry, we’re here today with our top tips to help you choose the perfect pair…
You’ll be wearing your statement earrings all say so not only do they need to be beautiful they need to be practical too. If you don’t often wear long drop earrings it might be a good idea to wear your earrings at home behind closed doors for a few days to be sure you get on with them.
Consider any other accessories you'll be wearing or the details of your wedding dress when choosing your earrings. If your dress has embellishments, you might like to opt for earrings that coordinate with them.
Don’t forget that your whole outfit should be balanced, if you want to wear a glamorous pair of statement earrings, don’t rush to wear lots of other accessories, alternatively if you opt for subtle wedding earrings you can then choose to wear lots of other pieces too, our Alisha, Freshwater Pearl Silver Earrings are perfect for this.