What Are The Average Wedding Costs in Ireland?
Trying to work out a budget for your wedding and don't know how much a wedding costs? We've put together a budget breakdown as a sample to refer to when you’re scratching your head estimating all the different wedding expenses.
The Average Cost
How much a wedding costs can vary according to so many different factors such as the wedding style, whether it is a small wedding or a larger wedding, the wedding venue, whether it is a civil ceremony or a religious ceremony.. While it is true that you can have a wedding no matter your budget, it is good to have some figures in mind for inspiration. In 2022, the average cost of a wedding in Ireland is €29,900.
The Wedding Cost Breakdown
This wedding cost guide will help you work out what you want to splurge on and what you may want to cut from the budget, depending on your preference.
- Wedding Venue: €12,300 - €15,400, which includes the wedding catering and drinks. Check out our Wedding Venue Cost Guide for more inspiration.
- Wedding Dress: €1,300 - €2,300. Here is our List of Top Wedding Dress Styles in Ireland.
- Groom’s Wedding Suit: €700 - €800
- Bridal Jewellery & Wedding Headpiece: €500 - €700 - Explore our Bridal Jewellery and Wedding Headpiece Collections!
- Bridesmaids Dresses: €750 (in total)
- Bridesmaids Jewellery: €200 - €300 - Check out our Bridesmaids Jewellery & Bridesmaids Hair Accessories.
- Bridal Hair & Makeup: €550 - €700
- Wedding Rings: €800 - €2,000
- Wedding Gifts & Wedding Favours: €600. Look at our Best Gifts for Bridesmaids for some ideas!
- Wedding Stationery: €750
- Wedding Photography: €2,000 - 4,000
- Wedding Videography: €1,500 - €4,000
- Wedding Flowers: €700 - €1,500
- Wedding Cake: €400 - €700
- Wedding Entertainment or Wedding Band: €2,000 - €3,000
- Wedding Contingency Fund: €2,900 - €3,000. Although this is completely optional, we would recommend having a contingency amount that is about 10% off your whole wedding budget, in case of any unexpected expenses such as bridal gown alterations.
Prioritise Your Non-Negotiable Wedding Elements
We hope this wedding guide can help you to get some ideas of what you may expect to spend on your wedding. In a hope of helping you get a gauge on your wedding budget, please bear in mind that the actual cost of the elements and wedding service depends on what you prioritise.
Sit down with your fiancé and discuss what are the non-negotiable elements and prioritise them. This can be very helpful when you are trying to allocate the budget for different parts of your wedding. Good luck!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.