Our Top 5 Bridal Gown Styles for 2013.
The year of 2013 has already witnessed a varied multitude of wedding gown designs. Many new designers have come up with exclusive new bridal gown designs. Variations of passionate red and royal white have proven to be the most sought after colours of the season.
Designers like Jenny Packham and Oscar de la Renta have showcased their elegant white bridal gowns while Douglas Hannant have gone with a dramatic floral-print design.
Choosing the top 5 wedding gowns of 2013 was tough but these dresses were really impressive in every aspect.
1. The Classic white bridal gowns detailed with intricate lace work have proven to be a winner once again. Jenny Packham’s elegant white gown accented with beaded lace is certainly a hot favorite among all the bridal gown trends of 2013. The neckline ensures that the design is a culmination of grace and sex appeal.
2. Amsale Aberra has brought up the trending one shoulder design. The short and simple white wedding dress is a hit for yacht club and beach weddings. It goes well with expressive and exuberant jewellery sets. Many more one shoulder designs have been designed his season.
3. Vera Wang’s Crimson Hued collection of bridal gowns have been vibrant and the burst of colours is eye catching. The mermaid gown has undoubtedly been the spotlight of wedding fashion 2013. The one shoulder wedding dress has numerous folds on its skirt.
4. Laser cut satin bridal dress designed by Elizabeth Fillmore is different from the lot and the delicate designing makes it a work of art. The lining of the skirt has been partially removed to give it a more sensual appeal. This particular pure white bridal gown is a mix of old school design and new age fashion.
5. Reema Acra’s convertible bridal gown has caught the fancy of various fashion enthusiasts. The bride can wear the gown with the tulle skirt during the wedding and later remove it for dancing.
Back soon with some more Top 5's
The Top 5 Wedding Trends for 2013 including, Bridal Gowns, Bridal Jewellery, Hair Accessories, Wedding Themes & Wedding Flowers.
With 2013 already upon us, let’s take a look at some of the hottest trends for the coming wedding season. Bridal experts are predicting a radical departure from the ordinary this season, with bold colours, patterns and textures being tipped to be seen on the way to the altar. 2013 is likely to see brides shunning the traditional, in favour of a fresh and modern new look, with white taking a back seat to a range of bright and vivid hues. Vintage also remains in fashion this season, with a range of gowns and accessories taking inspiration from the 1920′s.
Here are the top 5 trends to look out for in the coming year.
Sheer overlays and peplum skirts are two of the hottest tips for bridal gowns this season. Lace will be used to add texture to bodices and skirts, whereas many brides are expected to shun white in favour of fresh pastels and bolder colours. Mint is one of the hottest and most versatile colours of the season and is likely to make an appearance in everything from wedding gowns to shoes and accessories. One specialist company that I found in my surfing travels is the London based Vintage Wedding Company.
Here is one of the dresses from their collection:
Scalloped 1920s Vintage Style Flapper Wedding Dress:
Vintage chic is very much in vogue, with new life breathed into the phrase something old. Statement pieces and movie star glam are the name of the game, with a range of bold jewels and Hollywood style bling, designed to complement this seasons bold new look. Engagement rings are very much inspired by the recent spate of celebrity engagements with halo and double halo style rings emphasising and enhancing even the most modest of stones.
Chanel do it well, lovely example of a diamond encrusted engagement ring:
Braids and buns are likely to be the hottest styles in 2013, so hair accessories will play more of a supporting role than make a statement. Delicate flower wreaths, jewelled ribbon and beautiful vintage jewelled combs will help to hold even the most intricate hair do in place, without stealing the lime light. This season’s trend is very much about bold hair and subtle accessories.
We love one of our own statement pieces, The LANA !
Bold statements and personalised back drops are likely to be hot in 2013. The season is likely to see a return to sumptuous and rich colours such as lavish purples, navy blues, silver and gold. Lush fabrics, patterns and textures will add a touch of luxury and opulence. Vintage themes are also tipped to be popular, in particular the 1920′s and 1930′s. One of the biggest trends will see the massive surge in popularity of personalised backdrops, providing the ideal background for wedding photographs.
Etsy.com has some really original ideas to make your wedding memorable.
This seasons flowers also have a vintage theme, with simple, hand tied bouquets incorporating lace, fabric and ribbon. Single colour bridal bouquets are right on trend, with some brides opting for a simple spray of wild flowers instead. Simplicity is the trend, and bridal bouquets are likely to incorporate the common flowers of the season – hyacinth and daffodils for spring bridges, stock and daises in the summer and freesias and hydrangeas in the autumn and winter. Table settings also have a vintage country garden feel with a cornucopia of colours, textures and styles favouring shabby chic over formality.
We will be back next week with some more inspiration for your 2013 Wedding.